You are surrounded by history in the Brickerville House.

Built by John and Barbara Bricker in 1753 and located on the main road from
Philadelphia to Harrisburg, the original portion of this house served as a
stage coach stop and tavern over the years. It is on the list of Historical
buildings in Lancaster County

Two miles west on Rt. 322 is the Hopewell Forge mansion built by Peter Grubb, the
original iron master of the colonies.

Several more miles west on Rt. 322 is Cornwall Furnace where the same Peter Grubb established
the original ore mines in the states.

Seven miles east on Rt. 322 is the Ephrata Cloister. Many a wounded soldier from the Continental
Army was nursed back to health here after the battle of Brandywine.

One mile north on Rt.501 is Elizabeth Furnace where Baron Von Stiegel was
ironmaster until he decided to venture into glass making. He then moved his
operations to Manheim.

Five miles south on Rt. 501 is the quaint and beautiful historical town of Lititz.
The Moravian religion and church still predominates today.

We’re not sure that George Washington ever ate, drank or slept here but it’s a sure
bet that Peter Grubb, Baron Von Stiegel and other early American
patriots did!

4 Dining Rooms

General Store and Fireplace Room – Built 1753- Open beams, old store – very rustic

Library Room – Built 1922 – was local post office, polling place, community meetings

Garden Room – Built 1992 – Mostly windows, potted trees, the feeling of being outside. Available
for large parties, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

Sun Porch – Enclosed 1981